SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I have leave to remain on the basis of my family and private

Customer Question

Hi I have leave to remain on the basis of my family and private life. My extension is due in 4 months time, can i extent it now few months early.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing needs to done in this case I believe
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that’s it
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 14 days ago.
Hello,I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.You cannot apply to renew the visa until 28 days before it is about to expire. What reason do you have for wanting to apply early.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am bit stressed due to this Covid situation and priority service is not available in case decision is pending and there is an emergency to travel so that’s why I wanted to get that done before the current leave runs out. Actually my mother is back home and not quite well these days.
Of course completely understandable.I am afraid you still cannot apply early but you can still travel whilst the decision is pending.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Happy to help.