Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have problem with my letting agency. They not respond for

Customer Question

I have problem with my letting agency. They not respond for email after water flooding.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in London walthamstow E17
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i was send them email with explaining the situation and the pictures as well
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want to now how to solve that problem because this is happening every time when there is some problem with property they just ignore me.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

Do you know the cause of the flood?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it was broken pipe on flat above us

Thanks for the further information.

The law imposes an obligation to ensure the property is in a habitable condition. Therefore it appears that the landlord is failing to meet such obligation.

Further given the escape of water it is arguable that the landlord has breached his repairing obligation.

Therefore I suggest you write to the agency highlighting the issues and in the event steps to resolve the issue is not undertaken within 7 days you will file a complaint with the local council.

Please note that the local council can step in to force the landlord to repair such matters.

Hopefully once they receive your letter steps will be taken to ensure that the issue is fixed.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thank you and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I think your answer is good enough.

Your welcome