How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4509
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

Need an advice on my situation, Kingston upon Thames,

Customer Question

Need an advice on my situation
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kingston upon Thames
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacting you
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its family law matters
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
Can you please explain the problem that you require help with.?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi James.
Here is the matter.
My ex husband to be is denies the access to our holiday flat in southborn. I ask him many times Individually and through the solicitor ( we are going through the divorce for 2.5 years now), and I never succeeded. He has changed the key too!!! This property is on our joint name. I just want to get there and pick up my staff! Not sure what can I do here.? May be to brake the lock as I am in title to have the access..
many thanks
Looking forward to your reply
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

As you are joint owners of the property, he has no legal right to change the locks with out your consent, The same applies to you changing them.

Officially you need to go through the legal process. Have your solicitor chase him again, advice that if he fails to give access or supply a key, you will seek a court order against him.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I spent too much on the lawyer without any outcome!! To get the court order will cost a lot again! Or how much is it? Can’t I just go there with lock smith’s and get in?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I can get in maybe without braking it and then get out closing the door normal way??
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Yes if you attend with a lock smith and gain entry without breaking the lock, as the property is your s that should be allowed.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you James- that’s helpful
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.