UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

The owner took £ 1300 from the deposit protection for the

Customer Question

The owner took £ 1300 from the deposit protection for the deposit, and did not refund me the agreed portion of £ 550. Before submitting the online claim to Money Claim, I send a recorded letter to landroda twice asking for a refund, but the landrod will not receive the letter. My son called the owner and asked for a refund but the owner said and I quote "I don't know what's going on" and he hung up. The fact that the owner replies to a fixed phone number starting with 020 ....... shows that the owner is at home but is not taking the letter from me. What can I do to get my money back?
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: I lived 3 years ago in London.The owner of the house told me he would give me a deposit of £ 550 if I paid my water debt. When I settled the debt, it turned out that the real estate agency through which I rented the house in London does not exist. Moreover, it is impossible to contact the owner of the house because the owner does not want to talk to me. I was surprised by the hostility the owner of the house I rented showed because I lived with him for 8 years, and there was no indication of such behavior on his part.Now, however, I think I understand what the problem is. The landlord has withdrawn my deposit protection money and has not refunded the money I agreed.Before submitting my online claim to Money Claim, I send the recorded letter to landrod twice asking for a refund, but landrod will not receive the letter. My son called the owner and asked for a refund but the owner said and I quote "I don't know what's going on" and he hung up. The fact that the owner replies to a fixed phone number starting with 020 ....... shows that the owner is at home but is not taking the letter from me. What can I do to get my money back?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent two letters requesting a refund but the owner of the house does not receive correspondence from me.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The problem is that I don't speak English, and I write to you with the help of a google translator.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I am a solicitor and will try and help you today.

Did you file a money claim in court?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not because I sent two letters to the landlord asking for a refund, but he does not receive correspondence from me.

He may be lying about it.

You should go ahead and file your money claim online at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

As it is in the small claims court, you would not be penalised for costs.

All the best

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'd love to talk, but I don't speak English and I write to you with the help of a google translator.

We do not need to talk on the phone, please do not worry about it. I have already given you my suggestion on what you should do.

All the best