Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My wife fell and fractured her hip and is recuperating in a

Customer Question

my wife fell and fractured her hip and is recuperating in a hospital for that' she has a slight memory problemand the hospital want her to have a cct scan on her head. She doesn`t want this and neither do I. can they go ahead and do it against my wife`s and my wjshes?
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: what do you mean by filed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think I`ve covered everything
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

I am sorry to hear about your wife being in the hospital. Your wife has the right to refuse it.

She needs to give her consent before they can administer any treatment and/or examinations.

Her decision must be respected, even if is thought that refusing treatment would result in her death.

For refusal of treatment to be valid, your wife must make her decision voluntary and she must be appropriately informed:

• Voluntary: her decision to refuse must be her decision alone and she cannot be under pressure by healthcare professionals, friends or family.
  • Appropriately informed: she must be given full information about what the treatment /examination involves, including the benefits and risks, whether there are reasonable alternative treatments/examinations, and what will happen if treatment/examination doesn't go ahead.

I trust this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to clarify anything for you.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 9 days ago.

I hope all went well. many thanks for using our service.