Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

We need someone today to look over our contract with out

Customer Question

Hello! We need someone today to look over our contract with out live in nanny and tell us if we inadvertently put in there that we are paying her a net salary or we actually owe her gross. It's an urgent matter that we would like to get resolved as soon as possible so please let me know how to proceed.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kingston Upon Thames, London, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ? how so?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.
Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Please upload a copy of the contract on here

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Im Nicole
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (714GG77)
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Thank you. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. The only reference to salary I can see in the contract is under Clause 7.1, which states that “Your basic wages will be £2,000 per month. Payable monthly.”

All this suggests is that you will make a payment of £2000 per month, but that would still be subject to any legal deductions for tax and National Insurance, as due.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Ben,
So to confirm we owe her a gross salary of £2,000, and then from that salary stated we deduct the payment we make to the national insurance and tax right?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Yes that is correct