Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I am in court with TUI in half an hour & could do with a

Customer Question

i am in court with TUI in half an hour & could do with a quick chat with a solicitor
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: county court
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: manchester
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i want some advice how to present my argument & the formality in court
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

How may I assist in relation to the above please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i am taking TUI to court & am infront of the judge in 10 minutes, it says that i have to present an argument, is this a brief outline or a full 30munite description? also can we do this by phone quickly, will only need 2 mins
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

Thank you. I will try to post a full response in view of the time pressures though I ideally would have some further questions to ask first. I will proceed on the assumption that this is a claim in relation to a holiday which was not provided perhaps as a consequence of the pandemic and for which you have not received a refund.

If this is the case, you will need to present the basis of your claim to the court. Initially this would be the main elements that underpin your claim and from there, assuming this is being heard in the Small Claims Court the judge would typically go on to ask questions which they consider appropriate. In the assumption the above suppositions are correct, the basis of your claim would be that you had a contract with the travel agent to supply holiday on the specifications agreed between you and that as a consequence of the pandemic, or indeed if applicable for other reasons, the holiday was not supplied. Accordingly, the travel agent is in breach of contract under both common law contract law and also under chapter 4 of the Consumer Rights Act for failing to provide the service to you and as a consequence of which is obligated to provide a full refund to you.

you should be ready with evidence to support the above such as the agreed terms of the holiday, the date it was to have taken place, the amount you paid, and evidence that the holiday did not proceed

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Joshua replied 12 days ago.

I'm glad the above answers all your questions and good luck with the hearing. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.