Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

I have written to CEO Nationwide BS asking for a private

Customer Question

I have written to CEO Nationwide BS asking for a private face-to-face meeting with a bank manager or someone with similar authority. I received a call back but was told this was not possible because of Covid-19. Surely it is possible to meet in the open with suitable social distancing ? If I can't get any satisfaction then I would wish to to take my deposits out of Nationwide and put them with another bank. Are there any restrictions on doing that ?
Expert:  Jo W replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hello Jo
Expert:  Jo W replied 17 days ago.

Hello there.  I understand your frustration, it seems not all COVID Rules are equal.  From a legal point of view the Nationwide is not under any obligation to offer you a face to face appointment.  I assume this is their revised operational process and they will stick to it.

In terms of changing banks and moving monies, there should be no problem with this.  If you hold accounts which require a length of notice before a withdrawal can be made then you would have to give that notice as it will be a contractual term between you.  Similarly there may be some other terms which apply to the products you have with your bank.  I Don't need to know that but thought you should be aware.

If you are considering a change, and this may be obvious and it is important to you to be able to speak directly with someone, I would check their policy on that before considering a move.

I trust that this has been of some help, do let me know if I can help further.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That is some help Jo. It seems a pity that they are applying these rules because I can now meet anyone outside with social distancing. I have already spoken to someone at the bank but the conversation was in an area where our conversation could be easily overheard. However I will now contact Nationwide by phone and say that I wish to withdraw my current account deposits as soon as possible. I understand that my savings accounts and insurance services will take longer. Thank you for your help