How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4339
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have a kid, she is 4 years, i am not married but i am not

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have a kid, she is 4 years , i am not married but i am not living with her dad anymore and he doesn't eant to help us with nothing and he is not coming to see her
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no , i don't know what to do
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: bukinghamshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this is all
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. What is your legal question about this? Are you asking about child maintenance?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
child maintenence and also i have another problem , i am romanian and i can't get out of the coutry without his permission for my baby , now i live in uk but i will go in romania
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
can you just advice me
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 14 days ago.

You can make a claim for child maintenance via the CMS - see here:

With regards ***** ***** your child from England, as you are aware you need the father's consent if he has PR (named on the birth certificate) if you wish to take the child with you. In the absence of the father's consent you will need an order from the court. This is a specific issues order for leave to remove the child from the jurisdiction. You can apply for this on form C100, cost is £215.

You will need to attend a mediation session first.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form: