Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

Can I make a claim for a Judicial Review (in regard to a

Customer Question

Can I make a claim for a Judicial Review (in regard to a P.I.P. refusal) without the assistance of a Solicitor?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have appealed to the Upper Tribunal. I only have two days left to lodge a claim before the 16 day deadline.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have handled this appeal so far myself as an Appointee for my daughter.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can wait a little longer but need an answer today if possible.
Expert:  Jo W replied 11 days ago.

Hello.  Yes you can make a claim for judicial review of a decision as a litigant in person or, if it is for someone else, they call it a McKenzie friend (essentially a friend speaks).  The process is quite complex and as you know has not very long deadlines but there is nothing preventing you from making the claim.  I trust that this has been of assistance and wish you well with your claim.