SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I had a phv biopsy and the hospital lost the sample I was

Customer Question

Hi. I had a phv biopsy and the hospital lost the sample I was asked for another one in a short period of time and I am in severe pain.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Perth uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: no steps as I have no much knowledge
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have my appointment tomorrow for a biopsy again
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you. I will revert without delay.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. Regrettably this does happen sometimes and unless you can pinpoint that it was due to negligence on the part of the hospital and also that the pain would not have happened had you only had the one biopsy it will be difficult to pursue a clinical negligence claim. I would strongly recommend that you attend tomorrow, however should the pain not decrease and for at least 6 weeks you are struggling I would recommend that you contact a personal injury firm, Irwin Mitchell is reputable, and see if they could assess the potential claim against the hospital.If you need any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up message, I am glad to guide you further. All the best for tomorrow.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had my biopsy on the 19/02/21.
And since then I had sever episodes of pain. This has been for a long time and I am afraid to go for another biopsy.

I am sorry to hear, you had not said the dates in your first message. You have waited long enough. There has been an error, it could be explained as a genuine human error, it could be negligence, you will not know however if the sample has been lost it would be in your best interests to reattend and have it done so you know what is the matter. I would recommend now that you would not need to wait a further 6 weeks you can contact the solicitors and see if they will assist.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
After two weeks waiting for results when I was expecting the call they have said the sample was lost. So I would need to do another one. That’s what they said . Is it safe to attend the biopsy as I am not heeled yet?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry after 6weeks not two.

Hi, thank you for your message. With regards ***** ***** I would advise you to please check with your GP as they will be best placed to give you a response with knowledge of your medical history.