Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

If I am selling share in my business through a broker, am I

Customer Question

Hi, if I am selling share in my business through a broker, am I a consumer in my dealings with the broker? Thank you.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: How do you mean? I just need to know if I would be treated under laws relating to consumers or as a business to business.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. Thank you.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 13 days ago.

Hi there,

It would be classified as Business to business contract , thus outside of the ambit of consumer Laws.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Yes that's what I wanted to know. Hoped it would be consumer as they are shares I own personally rather anything to do with the business. Itself.