12826847

I recived a visit today from a enforment agent demanding

Customer Question

I recived a visit today from a enforment agent demanding £408 for a bus lane fine in newcastle I knew nothing about but I moved house before the fine and did not change my adress on my car so the original fine went to my old house they are returning tomorrow to demand even more money is there anything I can do
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: no I just recived there own paper worker with the PCN number on it
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no it just a demand for cash
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I recived a visit today from a enforment agent demanding £408 for a bus lane fine in newcastle I knew nothing about but I moved house before the fine and did not change my adress on my car so the original fine went to my old house they are returning tomorrow to demand even more money is thereanything I can do
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: no I just recived there own paper worker with the PCN number on it
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no it just a demand for cash
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Do the DVLA have the right address for you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I have ordered a new V5 doc
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
File attached (324MG66)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for the information

Wouldn't you be better off making a statutory declaration against the adjudicator's decision? You would have to make an out of time statutory declaration explaining why you are out of time. I suppose the reason is that you didn't know about this until the bailiffs arrived.

That might be refused but you can appeal and it will be accepted.

Then you need to make an in time statutory declaration on the basis that you didn't get the PCN or whatever document it is that you didn't receive. That would take the PCN back to the issue of the PCN which will allow you to appeal or pay at the reduced rate

You will find the forms here

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/traffic-enforcement-centre-forms

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Jo.