Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a complaint with Vodafone. I have been passed through

Customer Question

I have a complaint with Vodafone. I have been passed through to you from a solicitor and he told me I have a case against vodafone to claim compensation which I would like your assistance on please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hitchin, hertfordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: This is an ongoing issue that I have been fighting with Vodafone over now for about 4 weeks roughly
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have tried to resolve this with Vodafone but I haven't got anywhere
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

If you dont want to go to Court you can also go to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent. service at:

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am confused on what actions I need to take as I have evidence I made them payments but can you just clarify for me again exactly what I must do step by step for me please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Where do I write the letter to
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The website you have just given me I have already been to and they passed me on to you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Could I go through citizens advice are they solicitors that will fight my case for me or not?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to sue Vodafone for all the additional stress that have and are still going me about this situation
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

You can go to CAB yes,

They can draft the letter.

Vodafone can also be contacted at:

Customer Relations Manager, Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN

I hope that clarifies.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Customer relations at Vodafone are aware of the situation and they are the ones now that are using excuses with me to get the problem sorted
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

Ok - then you might want to go to the Ombudsman. They are at

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

My pleasure

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can I pick your brains for 2 seconds
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have been on the ombudsman website and it stated I can't make a complaint against vodafone because the provider isn't registered to them
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

You may have to go to:

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

instead......

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you is it free or not
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 15 days ago.

I don't think they charge.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you for all your help
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 14 days ago.

My pleasure