james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My mother in law invested £10K in a parking space attached

Customer Question

Hi, my mother in law invested £10K in a parking space attached to Bury Football Club in 2016. She was scammed by Mr Stewart Paul Day as Mederco stopped paying her money and eventually did not return those £10K. I was wondering what can be done to collect that money from Mederco. I am willing to give 20-30% to the lawyer who can sort this out for me.
JA: Has your mother-in-law talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your mother-in-law live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: She lives in Ukraine. The parking space she invested in is in Manchester. I am British. The conversation went nowhere as the solicitor who managed this Sarah Larocca from ET Law Ltd looks also involved.
JA: What steps has your mother-in-law taken so far?
Customer: Just checked with my wife. She says she did not do much. There were a few other people who got into this scheme who suggested it couldn't be resolved.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Was the company Mederco LTD ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Mederco Limited
36 Park Row, Leeds, LS1 5JL
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Mederco Limited 36 Park Row, Leeds, LS1 5JL

You will find the company has gone into administration apparently owing millions of pounds in debt.

The link below is for companies house confirming administration.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/07694794

If you look at the link a d the filing history you will find the name and address of the appointed administrators.
You should contact them and register your interest as a creditor.

There is also a news story here you can read https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/mederco-boss-stewart-day-denies-16751953

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
RE: "You should contact them and register your interest as a creditor." - what's the benefit of this? Thanks for the link. It looks like this guy really deserves to get in jail. I am sure he owns something, given he's stolen so much money. Can't the court repossess his stuff and sell it to return money to all the people he scummed? What is your view on this case? Is it a lost cause?

The reason for registering as a creditor with the administrators is so if or when everything is wound up and sold off, creditors may receive some form of payment.

Unfortunately, normally that may only be pennies in the pound. More likely with the size of debts nothing will be payable, but. I harm in trying.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.