Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Do you guys cover Intellectual Property Law? ie- patenting &

Customer Question

Do you guys cover Intellectual Property Law? ie- patenting & trademarks
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

are you able to kindly outline a little more detail the circumstances and queries you have in relation to the above please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms trademarks typically deal with design such as logos and branding where is Patton's typically deal with designs in the sense of inventions. both have entirely different registration processes. Trademarks are relatively straightforward to register whereas patents will typically be more involved and will often require a patent attorney to assist with the registration process as detailed drawings and descriptions need to be prepared which comply with the registration requirements and detailed searches need to be carried out in relation to the existing patent register

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Joshua.
Many thanks for your reply and apologies for my delayed response.With regards ***** ***** information you supplied, I’m aware of the differences between patents and trademarks. My enquiry relates to the need for a search on an existing item. To be more accurate, a patio heater. My competition is company in New Zealand. The item in question is “Euroblade”.
I have a fairly open relationship with the competitor concerned. As such, he’s told me the item is “Trademarked”
I wonder what it would cost to run a basic check and ascertain whether or not my old friend is telling the truth.