How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 28975
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

I have a problem, today I tried to apply for the 4th grant

Customer Question

Hello, I have a problem, today I tried to apply for the 4th grant and I sow that already that was completed from someone else, with another bank account
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Borehamwood, London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried to call to HMRC for stopping the payment to that account, but I didn’t succeed to get in touch with them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The same problem I had in Decembre last year, when the same person I think stolen my money
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have the claim reference, sort code and the account number ending
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Of the applicant
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello, you still don’t have an answer for me?
Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine what a difficult position it must be. I will certainly try to clarify your options.

May I confirm if you have tried the webchat function to get in touch with HMRC please if phone is not getting through?

Expert:  Joshua replied 13 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms you would need to consider contacting HMRC as soon as possible in this respect. I note you have already attempted to do so. From what you describe, there may have been a fraud in relation to your grant application. HMRC can be contacted either on 0800(###) ###-####in this respect or alternatively, if you are finding it difficult to get through by phone, they have a chat service available at the following link:

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me