james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I’m 17 and i’ve been blackmailed for money, no court online

Customer Question

hello so i’m 17 and i’ve been blackmailed for money
JA: Have blackmail charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: no court online blackmail
JA: Where did the blackmail occur?
Customer: first i was on omegle and there’s this girl she asked to talk on instagram so i said okay she followed me and looked at all my followers then asked me to talk on google hangouts in google hangouts she asked to video call where she got naked and asked me to show my private parts i just shown a little bit of my underwear and underneath nothing fully seen she then blackmailed to post it on youtube and show to my friends as she has their usernamw
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i sent her money £250 total or even more and now she’s asking for more
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
okay, i sent money they said send £300 more final
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i’m a kid and i’m stressed
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i don’t want to call i have no money left.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
hello?? can you reply so i know your here

Your first mistaken was allowing the video to be made, the second error was sending the money, they always come back for more.

Call her bluff and advice her that you will passing her details to the police if she asks for more money or posts anything anywhere online. Tell her it is blackmail and the police will arrest her.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i did she said i’ll. leak the videos and ruin your life go tell police i don’t care
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i sent it in the heat of the moment

Then tell her that you are going to the police, and it is her live that will be ruined if she is prosecuted for blackmail and has her naked vide shown in court.

Then you can actually report the matter to the police.

That is all you can do. No other way to stop her.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
okay thank you

Sorry there is nothing else you can do. The police will treat is seriously if you report it.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
hello, i sent the blackmailer a link which gave me their ip address and i used that to see where they are and used it against them

Then tell them the p9lice can trace them. That hopefully will make them stop.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i will thank you for helping. i’m also trying to get instagram to remove their account so they don’t send it.

Ok good luck, and take more care in the future.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
it was a one time mistake thanks james.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thanks. :)

Your welcome