UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am of interest of a person in the UK that is to inherit

Customer Question

I am of interest of a person in the UK that is to inherit 350k from her father's estate. She is a US citizen and would comeback to states once she receives the money but has to have a beneficiary to do so. My question is there is a tax to be paid to enter the US. If I was a beneficiary would as have to pay the tax
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: London, England
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Copy of will and a copy of a Certificate of Deposit from Diamond Security Co.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I know of
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

No, beneficiaries do not pay tax, it is the estate of the deceased person who is liable to pay inheritance tax.

May I help further?