How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7861
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am of interest of a person in the UK that is to inherit

Customer Question

I am of interest of a person in the UK that is to inherit 350k from her father's estate. She is a US citizen and would comeback to states once she receives the money but has to have a beneficiary to do so. My question is there is a tax to be paid to enter the US. If I was a beneficiary would as have to pay the tax
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: London, England
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Copy of will and a copy of a Certificate of Deposit from Diamond Security Co.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I know of
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.


I am a solicitor.

No, beneficiaries do not pay tax, it is the estate of the deceased person who is liable to pay inheritance tax.

May I help further?