UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need some immigration advise regarding my son born outside

Customer Question

I need some immigration advise regarding my son born outside the UK
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i recently acquired British citizenship. I have a son born outside to UK while i had ILR, and acquired my British citizenship after he was born.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No, I have not, .
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My son was born outside the UK and I am not married to his mother
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

What citizenship is the mother? Where and when was he born?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The mother is Nigerian and reside there. Child was born in Nigeria on 5tth Feb, 2020
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am not married to the mother. I am married though, to someone else in the UK. I had ILR when the child was born, but recently got British citizenship.
I am looking to bring the Child to the UK, Do I have to register him or is can he get a British passport?

The child is not automatically British, you may apply to register the child as British by discretion using form MN1.

All the best