12826847

I need someone to andwer my questions answer* London, what

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I need someone to andwer my questions answer*
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: what does that mean
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I am a solicitor and will try and assist you.

What do you wish to ask please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please answer the following questions:Question 1
Jane was planning a party in March 2018 to celebrate her husband, Michael’s, 40th birthday. She needed to hire a large marquee and invited four different companies, including Tempting Tents and Cool Canvas, to tender for the business. She stated in the invitation to them that she would accept the lowest tender and that she would not consider tenders from any company other than the four invitees. The deadline for receipt of tenders was 12 noon on 28 January 2018.
Three of the four companies, including Cool Canvas, sent their tenders by post. Jane received them all on 27 January 2018. Cool Canvas’s tender was (at £1,575) the lowest of the three. Tempting Tents faxed their tender, also for £1,575, to Jane at 10.00am on 28 January 2018 but, unnoticed by Jane, the fax machine had been unplugged by her grandson so she only became aware of their tender at 5pm that evening by which time she had already decided to hire from Cool Canvas.
While chopping down saplings in the *****, ***** had lost the gold watch he had been given on his birthday. He was very upset, as the watch had both intrinsic and sentimental value, and put an advertisement in the local newspaper offering a reward of £500.00 for its return. On 30 January 2018, Simon found the watch while walking his dog on the other side of the wood. It must have been picked up and then dropped there by a child or a bird. Simon had not seen the newspaper advertisement but returned it to Michael having seen his name engraved on the back.
On 31 January 2018, Michael fell ill, and Jane had to cancel the party.
(a) Advise Cool Canvas and Tempting Tents who each claim to have a contract with Jane to provide the marquee.
(b) Advise Simon who claims he should be paid the £500 reward.PART B
You must answer TWO questions from this section.
Question 2
Cath owned a health food shop which she wished to sell. She was approached by Amanda who was interested in buying the shop. Cath told Amanda that the demand for health foods would ‘increase dramatically’ as people became more health conscious and that since health foods were all ‘natural’ there was no risk of trouble from local authority health inspectors. Cath also said that the shop makes ‘up to £1,000 profit a week’. She offered to show Amanda the accounts, but Amanda said she was happy to take Cath’s word for it.
After buying the shop for £50,000, Amanda discovered that demand for health foods was falling and that in the previous two years the weekly profit had only once reached £1,000 and was generally below £200. The health inspector has also visited the premises and required her to stop selling certain items which infringed the health regulations.
Advise Amanda of her remedies.
Question 3
George was a businessman. He regularly stayed at the Grange Hotel whenever he visited London. He stayed there last week. As usual there was a notice on the back of his room door stating that:
“Neither the Grange Hotel nor any of its management or other employees will be responsible for any personal injury, loss or other damage to guests or their property howsoever caused.”
The day after he arrived, George slipped on the highly polished corridor outside his room and suffered considerable injury to his back. His valuable wristwatch struck the floor and was destroyed.
Advise George as to whether the Grange Hotel can rely on the exclusion clause.Question 4
The distinction between ‘conditions’ and ‘warranties’ has given way to a more flexible test. Anson’s Law of Contract (2016: 154)
Consider this statement in the light of the existing case law.
Question 5
“The rule that a third-party beneficiary cannot in general sue upon a contract intended for his benefit has few advocates”. The Cambridge Law Journal Volume 56 Issue 1 March 1997 (28-30)
Explain why there was a need to reform the common law doctrine of privity?
Question 6
Whether a statement is a contractual term, or a mere representation is dependent on the intention of the parties to the contract.
Explain, illustrating your answer with examples from case law, how the court distinguishes between a term and a mere representation in circumstances where the parties to the contract have not made their intention clear.

Are the questions for an assignment?

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 8 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator