Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I'm zero contract and have been working with my employer for

Customer Question

I'm zero contract and have been working with my employer for 28 months how much notice do I have to give.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No you was my first point of reference
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I don't belong to a union and I'm an employee I work in care
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so I m not sure what you would need
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

What does your contract say with regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don't believe I a contract I'm in the same company but have been typed twice now.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I dont want to pay £44
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

No problem. The pop-up offering you the chance to request a phone call is automatically generated by the site and you have already paid for a written response so that is the part I will continue helping you with.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. If you have no contractual notice in place, then you are expected to give ‘at least a week’s notice’. However, as you ae a zero hours worker, it means that your employer may not give you any hours for that and also if offered, you may not have to accept any, due to your status as a zero hours worker.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.