How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5210
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I. Have received a county court claim form from Bank Smart.

Customer Question

I. Have received a county court claim form from Bank Smart . They are saying i owe them £435.83. For a ppi on a miss sold endowments mortgage . I did not receive any payment from this company. .i received a payout from another company a good while before Bank Smart started to send me letters, i paid the other company there change for my claim . Bank Smart have been sending me letters for a long time i have sent a letter telling them of this but they still say i owe them this money .This has caused me great distress i have asked Bank Smart for a contact no to talk to them to sort out this issue but they have never given me a phone number so i have never bee able to get this issue sorted . what can i do i am very worried .i am not very good online so i
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No i live in. N. Ireland co.Antrim
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None i don't know where to go
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Bank Smart are also charging me with a debt collection fee of £50 .
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My phone number is *****
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

If you have never had an agreement with this company and you never received any documents showing it’s perhaps a debt assigned to them by a legitimate creditor, you must file your defence without delay and ask the court to strike out the claim for lack of merit. You should state that you have no contract with them and neither have you been advised of any other company assigning any debt to them. The court will consider both positions before making a decision. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question, I am glad to assist you further. All the best,