SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I. Have received a county court claim form from Bank Smart.

Customer Question

I. Have received a county court claim form from Bank Smart . They are saying i owe them £435.83. For a ppi on a miss sold endowments mortgage . I did not receive any payment from this company. .i received a payout from another company a good while before Bank Smart started to send me letters, i paid the other company there change for my claim . Bank Smart have been sending me letters for a long time i have sent a letter telling them of this but they still say i owe them this money .This has caused me great distress i have asked Bank Smart for a contact no to talk to them to sort out this issue but they have never given me a phone number so i have never bee able to get this issue sorted . what can i do i am very worried .i am not very good online so i
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No i live in. N. Ireland co.Antrim
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None i don't know where to go
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Bank Smart are also charging me with a debt collection fee of £50 .
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My phone number is *****
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

If you have never had an agreement with this company and you never received any documents showing it’s perhaps a debt assigned to them by a legitimate creditor, you must file your defence without delay and ask the court to strike out the claim for lack of merit. You should state that you have no contract with them and neither have you been advised of any other company assigning any debt to them. The court will consider both positions before making a decision. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question, I am glad to assist you further. All the best,