12826847

I just want to find out who issued a warrant for me, I don't

Customer Question

I just want to find out who issued a warrant for me
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I don't know i heard someone came on my door step this morning
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: At my home old address
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I only know that a man went to the home this morning that he has a warrant for me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

was it a policeman? was this at your home?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My friend only said a man hd was on his own..
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I cannot do a phone conversation please
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Are do understand a call would be easier.. but I thought it was only text..
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is it that I paid registering to get a text £44.00 to call.. did I get it correct
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

how do you know this is a warrant?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

There are four potential options.

Instruct a solicitor to enquire on your behalf.  They may charge for that but usually the police will tell them if there is a warrant

Call yourself and ask but the answer may well be that they won’t tell you unless you surrender in person and prove your identity.

Surrender in person and ask.  The risk of that is that they will just arrest you if there is a warrant.

Make a freedom of information request for any information upon you but that can take 40 days.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.