RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I was in a Zoom meeting that was recorded by the host. It

Customer Question

I was in a Zoom meeting that was recorded by the host. It was agreed they would share the link but are now refusing. Do I have any legal rights please?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Everyone on the call was in England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have asked for the link by email and the host has refused.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The meeting did not go well for the host which is no doubt why they are refusing to release it
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the information.   There is no automatic right for yo to be able to obtain a copy of the meeting.   However  if there is a hearing and you require the footage in order to make a determination or submit evidence then you can ask the court for the holder to disclose the footage, if this is ordered by the court they will require to disclose it as it has been legal ordered.  If it is an employer you could look at making an access request.  However, if the person had consent to record the meeting technically this s their property and. you have no automatic right to obtain it I am afraid.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi there. That is incredibly helpful. The key legal safeguards here are from the CQC regulator and I will raise it with them. Many thanks
Expert:  RJM Law replied 13 days ago.

You are welcome and I wish you all the best.