SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Me and my business partners we are in the process of

Customer Question

Me and my business partners we are in the process of registering a Company Limited by shares in England. We have doubts about what we should include in the Articles of Association and what should be agreed on a different type of document. In specific we would like to understand if the Articles of Association is the right document for stating the following:
- Every contract, deed, agreement and other type of document in the name of the Company must be signed with joint signature by both directors [as we will have just 2 directors].
- Every 2 years from incorporation, shareholders will vote to confirm or change the members of Board of directors and decide about the amount and form of each director's remuneration.
JA: Because laws vary by location, can you tell me where the company is registered?
Customer: it will be registered in the Enfield area
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont think so
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello, I fully understand, please continue your search for the right professional, it's deeply appreciated.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon. Welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you very much

Thank you for your patience. You can include these in your articles. What you would need to do is to work from the Model Articles and modify it to specifically include these provisions. You can also have a memorandum of association which can repeat these so nobody claims they were not aware. If your directors are going to be employed directors you can include these in the employment contracts too. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question, I am glad to guide you further. All the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your help,, much appreciated. All the best.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

you are welcome.