12826847

Can I have my solicitor speak to my wife's solicitor to

Customer Question

Can I have my solicitor speak to my wife's solicitor to withdraw her accusations / criminal charges?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

can you give me the background to your question please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I've suffered emotional distress for years living with a lying alcoholic wife with mental health issues. Bullied by her two boys, who no longer live with us. My wife has, drunkenly phoned the Police claiming assault. Not true. I do not believe my wife intended that I am on bail till the middle of June, which is destroying all we've worked for. She needs sectioning under the mental health act, as she refuses to seek help, denying there is anything wrong with her.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

No, in short.

That is a very serious criminal offence. No solicitor should be willing to do that although I would not be surprised if you found someone who would.

But its still a serious offence.

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.