12826847

My DIL was expecting to go to court next Tues. She was raped

Customer Question

My DIL was expecting to go to court next Tues. She was raped when she was 12. The accused is charged with 3 counts of rape, two of indecent assault. This case was adjourned without warning in Dec, and again today. She has an autistic son, everyone has booked time of work and no reason has been given
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the charges?
Customer: No, it was supposed to be next week, but no further dates are goven
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Truro Crown Court
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am asking on behalf of my daughter in law, she is distraught
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

how can i help please?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

i am not sure what your question is.

I would imagine it has been adjourned probably because of reduced court time.

But obviously I will not know why this particular case wasn’t in court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.