Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I have had w I have had a landscaper in doing my garden and

Customer Question

I have had w I have had a landscaper in doing my garden and he has made a real bad job of it. I have approached him on numerous occasions he has made promis after promise to come and sort it but never does where do I go from here to claim my money back as I had someone come round to the house yesterday to look and he said I have a strong case as the jib is that bad that I need to take home to court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have been texting him since he done the job at Easter. I have been in contact with citizens advice they have told me I have to send a registered letter to him if he does not respond i have to do this 3times which seems so long as I now have a garden that is a mess and 2young children that live with me so part is a little dangerous
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: am not sure I have most of the money to them i held some back on there advice as it was to pay for an electrician now there saying that they did not price lights into my quote
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Have you sent the quote to repair the works to the gardener that did that bad job?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No as I did not get a quote this landscaper just came out to give me advice he said the job was really bad and that I should take it to court as I have a good case but I don’t know where to start
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I can’t really afford that type of money I have paid out enough I thought this was a free service no worries I will just continue going down with long route the way the citizens advice have told me or maybe try a no win no fee solicitor

From the circumstances given it appears your rights under the consumers rights act 2015 has been breached. This is because it states services provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill. In view of the works undertaken it appears the service given supplied did not meet the standards expected.

In view of this you have a number of remedies available to you.

The remedies available to you is price reduction which can be up to 100% of the amount paid, repairs until the issue is fixed and you can consider hiring someone else to do the job and then claim the money back from the people that did the defective works.

In view of this I suggest you write to the person and remind them of your rights under the Consumers Rights Act 2015. Inform them that if the garden is not fixed within 14 days you will get someone else to fix the garden and then you will seek to recover the money paid from them. Further notify them you will also report them to the trading standards too.

Assuming they don't respond to you I suggest you report them to Trading standards and also get a quote to fix the matter. Send the quote to them and advise them if payment not made within*****action may commence too.

With regards ***** ***** action I suggest you instruct a local solicitor or return to JA and we can assist you with regards ***** ***** the form and advising you on the court process.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you

Your welcome

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe