12826847

I offered someone a sex service and we had an agreement on

Customer Question

Hi. I offered someone a sex service and we had an agreement on the payment amount. We don´t have a written down contract, just text messages. Are the messages enough to sue him for not paying?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I texted him several times and asked him to pay.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That I only have his phone number, and I´m not sure if the name he gave me is real
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Did you have sex with him?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I did
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can't call, I'm at work right now.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

The problem with this that it is a contract that relates to the sale of sex. The sale of sex is not against the law in the UK but the related activities are.

It would take only one part of this contract to offend against the criminal law to render the entire claim unlawful and unenforceable.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

And also you would have to go into court to make the claim which I presume you would rather not do.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Im really sorry but that is the position.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.