How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 79982
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've just been threatened by someone with mental health

Customer Question

I've just been threatened by someone with mental health issues who has physically attacked me in the past what can I do
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I leave in Selsey West Sussex. The person lives in same premise as I do and has threatened to kill me if he sees me again he is very unstable and violent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've just removed myself from contact with him at present but obviously want to go home asap
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of just that he is very unstable he even thinks of a child shouts, a dog barks orva car drives past him they have been sent by the Queen to harass hin
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. I really need to know what is best action to take . I'm actually worried about going back to premise
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How much would continueing via message cost as on disability benefits
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

What do you want to do about this?

Why do you need to do anything?

To achieve what?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

I’m not sure what you want to do about this.  You can report it although I’m afraid the police are not likely to be interested.  They are dealing with a national emergency after all.

A better option would be to ignore it.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.