ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My energy company is investigating a complaint I raised and

Customer Question

My energy company is investigating a complaint I raised and I am still waiting to hear from. It’s been over a month and I’ve not heard anything
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called several times, I don’t get any response and nothing seems to be recorded on my records
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just need to get this resolved and I don’t know what to do. Calling them or emailing doesn’t seem to work
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Kindly give me a minute, I am currently reviewing the contents of your message and in the process of typing a written response.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your enquiry and patience.

I am sorry to hear what has been happening. I must be candid in saying that the time frame given for a complaint to be resolved is 8 weeks. So, the fact that you have not heard anything from them as yet, albeit that it has been a long wait is not at all unusual.

You must ensure though that the complaint was in written and addressed to the complaints handling department. It should not be sent to the general customer services team. Also, any follow up being done by you with respect to the complaint should be done in writing. This is to ensure that you have a written record of the complaint and the way it was dealt with by the energy company. If after 8 weeks there is no response you would ask the energy company for what is called a letter of deadlock. This means the complaint was not resolved. With this letter you would be able to escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman to investigate. You would include in your complaint to the Ombudsman all communication had with the energy company and their response to you.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.