SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

My ex partner and father to my child, has been released from

Customer Question

My ex partner and father to my child, has been released from prison today. I have been advised by social services and his probation officer that he is should not have any contact with my child. As he was abusive during our relationship, they have told me to get a non molestation order. How do I get this. The report from social service will take a month to come through.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: We have been attending court about visitation until he was taken back to court
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Began at romford, then east London now back to romford. 18/6is the next date
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Quite happy to supply further info if he ends it
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. You can apply for a non molestation order. You do so on form FL401, there is no cost for this application. You may be able to get help with this from www.NCDV.org.uk to complete the form and statement needed.

Non Molestation Order form FL401: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/954473/fl401-eng.pdf

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.