How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5232
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I recently received a call to change my network provider, (I

Customer Question

I recently received a call to change my network provider, (I was very unhappy with the 1 I had) and agreed to change. The new provider said they would pay any outstanding phone payments., they were even a 3rd party on the call to my then current supplier and agreed to pay the outstanding amount (2000 pounds roughly) now I have signed up with them for a 3 year contract they are saying they won't pay my previous supplier until October! Now the previous supplier are threatening bailiffs? What can I do? I need my phone for my small taxi business
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Doncaster
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have phoned repeatedly also emailed, had a account manager who basically ignored me, so finally got through to someone else, he said he would look into it then emailed me and said it was standard practice and October was when they would pay
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. if the new provider made the offers in writing and you can evidence it then you can pursue them to see through their undertaking in the county court. With regards ***** ***** older provider regrettably you will still be liable for their bills and therefore you may have no option but to settle their bills to stop the bailiffs and then you pursue the new provider to reimburse the money to you. Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up message. Always glad to help all the best