How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 79982
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My brother had mental health including self harm to the

Customer Question

My brother had mental health including self harm to the extreme (like drinking antifreeze) and eventually died after years no self harm and mental illness. My mother and I want to sue the mental heath profession for neglect and take the case to the court of human rights. We have all the documentation like when he was in a coma , spanning many years.
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Yes, the Gradian enlighten. A letter from the social worker to my parents and ive got several more to do with the psychiatrist he had as a child when he was 3
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: It was in England magistrates court,1998 Somerset panel of Guardians ad litem. County Court, Taunton.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes, we have all the documentation spanning the years. And also from south west law, from approximately 2002, the solicitor was called Angela Truell. My mum is on benefit so can she claim legal aid.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

i am not sure what you want legal aid for ?

Obviously there may well an inquest.  If criticism is made of the medical staff then that is a starting point.

But you would only be able to claim compensation for the actual sum of the loss which for a non working adult is not high.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.