How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask marcusmalin Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2710
Type Your Law Question Here...
marcusmalin is online now

I am homeless after suffering domestic violence and the

Customer Question

I am homeless after suffering domestic violence and the council are not accepting me on the grounds of being vulnerable for council homelessness.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have liaised with a housing assessment officer who says I do not meet the threshold
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: London
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Currently homeless living in an emergency accommodation trying to get the council to accept me as homeless. Suffering from an orbital fracture and bruises
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  marcusmalin replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Have you approached either a refuge of women's charity who can assist with securing housing and protection.

Thank you.