12826847

Just had call from mobile phone saying my national insurance

Customer Question

Just had call from mobile phone saying my national insurance number is ***** to be suspended and to press 1 before this goes ahead. Could this be legitimate?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Farnham, Surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Didn't respond
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, just want advice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

No, its a well known scam.

There are lots at the moment. National crime agency, HMRC, etc etc

I hope you didn't press 1?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I didn't press 1. Haven't come across this scam before - thought it wrongvthat it came from a mobilee number.
Thank you for your quick response and help.
Katy
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.