UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I bought some garden furniture. It came flat packed with a

Customer Question

Hello... I bought some garden furniture. It came flat packed with a section missing. We had 2 of one item and 0 of another. We bought the item through Wowcher online site not from the manufacturer. We have asked for a replacement section but they have replied to say that they can’t offer a replacement as they are out of stock. They have offered a 10% discount. They have stated that if we return it it is at our cost however their T’s and C’s state that being the case of the item is not faulty. What are my rights? Can I ask for a full refund and for them to arrange collection at their cost?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I emailed to alert them that we were missing a section and subsequently sent pictures. I asked for a replacement part. I have then asked them whether they anticipated being in stock of the item and when that would be?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I thought I am was speaking to a solicitor?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 17 days ago.

How much was the item and how did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Paid by credit card it was £938.99

You should contact your card company and inform them that you wish to make a claim for a full refund due to you not receiving what you contracted and paid for.

You may also inform Wowcher to arrange for collection of the items at their cost and insist on a full refund.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No, I think that covers what I need to know. Thank you very much for your assistance.

You are welcome.