UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My family has been granted 6 months eu resident permit, can

Customer Question

My family has been granted 6 months eu resident permit, can they come into uk after June 30th
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in Nigeria and my husband is an eu citizen living in uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to know if we will be allowed into uk after June 30th when uk finally leaves the eu
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

As long as the Family Permits are valid when you arrive in the UK, yes, you will be allowed to enter the UK after 30th June.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I was made ti understand, one cannot enter uk after June 30th with an eu resident permit for the first entry.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

Yes, I have just checked the immigration rules and you are no longer to travel to the UK after 30th June 2021 with an EEA Family Permit, see below:

"EEA family permits are usually valid for 6 months but they will not be valid after 30 June 2021, even if there is time left on the permit."

You should all ensure that you travel to the UK by 30th June 2021 otherwise you will not be permitted to enter the UK.

The above is from here: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/stay-after-your-family-permit-expires

All the best