How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 79970
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My son was asked to do a voluntary interview with the police

Customer Question

Hi my son was asked to do a voluntary interview with the police after a woman said she touched her brest after a boozey night 30 people in the house, they all slept anywhere and she slept next to him. then she changed it to him going further . then she said he went up her skirt. so he pleaded guilty saying he didnt know he did anything but it would be best for him. when he went to magistrates court they said its not too bad he should get community service. then it went to crown court for sentence and the woman had then said he went inside her pants. which was a shock for the barrister and everyone. he got 2 years reduced down to 6 months because he is a good lad. my question is how could she change her story again. and why didnt she say that when she first went to the police ?? she has lied and we all know it. she even told someone she had. he should be out here with us
JA: Where is your son? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi hes in Hull prison
JA: What steps has your son taken so far?
Customer: im his mum and i am broken hearted hes just taken it , he said she has 2 kids and so he wont do anything
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i dont think so. I just need some answers thank you
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are asking. Obviously I will not know why she did some things and not others. To be fair complainant's do sometimes change their account. There are sometimes good reasons for it. Failing in memory. Effects of trauma. The obvious explanation here is that she was embarassed originally but either way, he pleaded guilty.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

He had the option to contest the matter.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.