james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My ex partner is threatening to come and take my son from me

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: my ex partner is threatening to come and take my son from me tomorrow and had said he will stay there all weekend if that’s what it takes
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: England
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Kent
Expert:  james bruce replied 6 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.
Who has legal parental rights for the child?  You, him or both of you.?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m an absolute mess
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I left him last year because of his ptsd and depression that he emotionally took out on me
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We both have parental rights I think
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We were never married

I understand, but that does not answer the question who has parent rights ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I think we both do, but he lives with me

Sorry your message just appeared.

If you have concerns for the child’s safety if the father were to have him, then yes, refuse to allow him to take the child but maybe allow him to have supervised visit.

Then, arrange for mediation. If he refuses you can then apply to the court for an order regarding child arrangements to make it official and offer you and your child protection.

A local family law firm can help with that and most likely legal aid could be available.
The link here will help with that. https://find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I have to allowed him to take him
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Allow*
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
if he didn’t leave I couldn’t make him because he is his dad?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I’m not scared for his safety

You do not have to allow him to take your son, or to allow him into the house.
If he is threatening to come and cause trouble, you could leave an stay somewhere family, friend for the day.
If he comes and tries to cause trouble. Call the police. They will come and remove him.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (G2M5T52)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is what he text my dad
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He is acting very irrational and in feeling bullied into caving in

Then if he is dining this and making threats,  all the police. You can also seek a non molestation order against him to stop him from coming to the property or sending these messages.

You can apply online for the order as an emergency. https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He has several times today said he is going to take me to court, I put in place an honest fair schedule from which he gets him alternate weekends starting next weekend. My sons home Is here and his dad lives 2 hours away. Is there Any chance he could be given more than that? And also if he starts the court stuff how long until I would receive papers

I cannot say what a court would grant. It could be no more time or it could be equal time.

Jow soon that would happen again I cannot say each court has its own timi g and backlog of cases.  Local family law firm is you best bet.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is there anyone here to messages
Expert:  james bruce replied 5 days ago.

Hello can I assist further?