How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2267
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I have been trying to transfer a pension from a company

Customer Question

i have been trying to transfer a pension from a company pension to a SIPP pension scheme since January and they keep making excuses for not transferring the money.They say that they are waiting for information from the HRMC to see if the SIPP plan is a registered plan.I have information that it was requested in March and still nothing happens.Everyday i am losing earnings as my money is shelved.Apart from the loss of earnings it's also been causing me distress.Why have this company been so slow???.I have raised an official complaint with the company which they tell me could take up to 40 days .This will delay the transfer even further.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My IFA and receiving company have been in touch with them.I have now called them every week for the past three weeks trying to push this along
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am working abroad employed
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No i just need to push this issue forward and nothing seems to happen
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi,can you help me?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi ,this taking as long as my pension claim...anybody there?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK thanks,i will wait for email response..regards
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 16 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome to just answer. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm do you have a record of your complaints?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have a complaint number
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 16 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. As you have already made complaints to them I would advise you instruct a solicitor to draft a letter on your behalf. However, before instructing a solicitor I would advise that you write them a final letter where you set out your case and at the end of the letter state that if you do not hear back in 14 days you will take legal action. This may cause them to act quicker.

The solicitor will be able to weigh all the evidence before them and help you build a strong case. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: You will be able to search by specialism and also town or postcode to find one near you. You may qualify for legal aid if you have low income and want to take the case to court. You can check if you can get legal aid here: You can find a legal aid solicitor by using this link: Legal aid is free assistance to people who cannot afford to pay legal fees such as legal advice and proceedings. You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) ( For more information please visit: CAB’s are accessible in different areas in the country providing free legal advice to individuals who cannot afford this. You can contact them by phone to book a face to face appointment. They may also be able to provide phone appointments. Moreover, you might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending/contacting a LawWorks Clinic. A probono lawyer is a free lawyer. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website: I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!