John
John, Solicitor
Experience:  10 years legal experience
106125879

I'm looking at a possible totting up ban, Southampton, I've

Customer Question

I'm looking at a possible totting up ban
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Southampton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've only just received the nip
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to add that I am self employed and work away constantly. I also had a disqual for speeding 11 years ago and havenot had any issues since until within the last year i been unlucky enough to pick up a bunch of sp30's all of which were marginally over. losing my licence will be devastating for me and also my sister who has recently been fighting cancer and she lives in ringwood which is 20 mins away and i am her taxi servicetments etc for hospital appoin
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to add that I am self employed and work away constantly. I also had a disqual for speeding 11 years ago and havenot had any issues since until within the last year i been unlucky enough to pick up a bunch of sp30's all of which were marginally over. losing my licence will be devastating for me and also my sister who has recently been fighting cancer and she lives in ringwood which is 20 mins away and i am her taxi servicetments etc for hospital appointments etc
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to add that I am self employed and work away constantly. I also had a disqual for speeding 11 years ago and havenot had any issues since until within the last year i been unlucky enough to pick up a bunch of sp30's all of which were marginally over. losing my licence will be devastating for me and also my sister who has recently been fighting cancer and she lives in ringwood which is 20 mins away and i am her taxi service for hospital appointments etc.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I would like to add that I am self employed and work away constantly. I also had a disqual for speeding 11 years ago and have not had any issues since until within the last year i been unlucky enough to pick up a bunch of sp30's all of which were marginally over. losing my licence will be devastating for me and also my sister who has recently been fighting cancer and she lives in ringwood which is 20 mins away and i am her taxi service for hospital appointments etc.
Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for your message, and sorry to hear about this. An exceptional hardship can be submitted by you as part of your plea in court to retain your driving licence after totting up 12 or more points under the totting up system and the court will consider the effect a driving ban could have on your life. If your submission of exceptional hardship is successful, it means that the court deems your circumstances ‘exceptional’ and sufficient to justify not imposing a driving ban.

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 11 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John.