How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2264
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Marriage guidance please, Cardiff south Wales, Wife and

Customer Question

Marriage guidance please
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cardiff south Wales
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Wife and children left home 24 hours ago. Wife wants to come home and me move out
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that should be enough
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My 11year old daughter has been acting up lately and is a real concern. I have stood by and let my wife try the positive type of discipline but it is clearly not working. On Thursday I got involved and shouted and swore a lot because my daughter refused to go to bed. The police were called and took my daughter to a grandparents house. My wife suffers from mental health and is currently on the brink of a breakdown or is in fact having one. She is a workaholic and has pushed herself over the edge; works until midnight after doing a full day 4-5 nights a week.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She has come to the conclusion that my shouting and swearing is making her life hell and is affecting the children.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No violence and police did not arrest etc. I have an 18yr old daughter in college and a 11 year old.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They left the home, I have been asking for them to come home and have reassured them all the way.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have offered to stay in our touring caravan in the drive and will not interact with them. My wife claims this is control.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have offered to not have any involvement in house and to give it some time whilst we not over react; only 24hrs ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have offered to take the touring caravan away for a week and have them said that I am coming home after that
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is it ok for me to leave or will I surrender some rights when I do?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She will probably use the I don’t feel safe, he swears and shouts and is agressive
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Swears and shouts is true
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Her opinion of it is amplified as she is currently not very well
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
We own the home joint and are married; 9 years
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 14 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome to just answer. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm what is your question?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you see the above comments? If so great. The question is if I take my caravan to a camp site for a week with a clear plan that I am coming back next Sunday. Will I surrender any rights to live here that I would otherwise retain if I didn’t leave
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Wife and children 11 and 18 will return home. If I was to refuse to leave, would I be better placed than if I went away in the caravan for a week to give them space
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In the past my wife’s mental health has created very similar reactions. When she gets over this current dip, we get back together and she apologises for her actions and explains the mental health etc. She currently feels that she cannot talk to me, that I make her life hell etc. I’m not an angel but the minor rows etc are majorly amplified by her current health situ. Space will help but I don’t want to surrender my rights by doing so
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 13 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. Again I am sorry to hear about your situation. This should not be a problem, you can leave your property without there being concerns about property rights. I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!