12826847

Police car parked in petrol station observed me entering but

Customer Question

police car parked in petrol station observed me entering but could not see the rear of my car until I drove forward and turned right to park by automatic car wash, Therefore offence of 2 of 3 brake lights out was not observed on public road mentioned in FPN, Because of fully enclosed wash not I was not observed leaving petrol station onto public road. I did discuss possible local garages for fix with police (This signaled my intention to drive to garage and fix), Should I contest offense in magistrates court on grounds that ALLEGED offense was not OBSERVED in public road specified in FPN
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, where is this? And when did this happen?
Customer: Twin Tumps way London SE28 (Thamesmead Town Shopping centre Morrisons petrol station) 1612 hrs on 28/04/2021
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No I can pay FPN
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was cautioned but I can not rember if it was before or after I siscussed my intention to drive to garage for repair Police officor stated that one garage was closed and another probably still open
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Not really.

A petrol station is still a public place. S42 is made out.

In any event, you would have been seen on a public road.

They don't have to see the brake light on a public road.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

It is rather pedantic of them to issue a fine but here we are.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.