Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have made an adapter to fit heater disks for Volkswagen

Customer Question

I have made an adapter to fit heater disks for Volkswagen transporters, I have been informed that this design is already registered. My design is of a different material and does slightly differ from theirs.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have removed my listing from sale at the moment
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i don’t think so
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, I’m still waiting a response
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Please email me on XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Continue please
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 days ago.
1. The thing you need to realise is that there needs to be a substantial difference between your design and the one already registered if you are to avoid enforcement proceedings. It is not enough that there is a slight difference. So, I would advise you to redesign and re-engineer your design so it is substantially different. In this way, you can avoid enforcement proceedings and market your own design.