james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

From Hong Kong. I just arrived London last Thursday night

Customer Question

Hi, this is ***** ***** from Hong Kong. I just arrived London last Thursday night and currently in self-isolation. Before entering, I was required to submit Passenger Locator Form to the UK government and the UK government requests us to submit a new form whenever information is updated. Due to changes in various details (like seat number/quarantine address/Test to release provider), I have submitted a total of 5 versions of Passenger Locator Form, which are essentially all about myself. After my arrival, different people claimed to be representing the UK government using the same number have called me 5 times, asking exactly the same questions and reading exactly the same script. They claimed there would be one called for each Passenger Locator Form and there's no way to change it. However, this has created massive nuisance to me as I am literally forced to listen and reply the same thing for 5 times unnecessarily. I am wondering if there's any way for me to seek relief from that? Thank you.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just told the people calling every time that they have called multiple times and they kept saying that this was their job and they cannot do anything about that.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope. I think the situation is simple and I have outlined all necessary details.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  james bruce replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
The system is far from simple or fault free. As you made 5 submissions and have now received 5/calls, albeit repeating the same information, hopefully that will be the last of the constant calls.

Unfortunately, there is no claim or relief you can bring for them Simply doing their job. it is an inconvenience that I am sorry to say you need to put behind you.

Although I do fully understand your frustration having to repeat yourself to different people who should already have th information logged.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks James for your prompt response. Let's just hope they would stop calling repeatedly and have a nice evening!

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.