How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5210
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I'm looking to find a lawyer to help me setup a business in

Customer Question

I'm looking to find a lawyer to help me setup a business in Europe that will trade seasonally across Europe. Do you know if a single law firm can do this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm from the UK and my partner is from Europe. The company could be setup in either name
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have started our business plan but have a few questions that would be a lot easier to answer of the back of some info from a lawyer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: As long as they can answer the initial question I'm sure more questions will follow
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I want to open a limited company as a franchise where our franchisee's travel around Europe and sell a product at different beaches and lakes. The main aim of the franchisee is to travel Europe whilst earning an income to support them in each country. The franchisee will rent our property at each location and they will recieve 10% of the revenue generated allowing them to afford the costs of travelling through Europe. What would be the main legalities we need to be aware of?Here are some questions we would like to have an informed decision about
▪️Are better business perspectives and grants available in the UK or eu?
▪️Which country should the business be registered (benefits of tax, franchisee registration)?
▪️What insurance is needed? Us & Franchisee
▪️How to go about permits (visa, residence, beach/lakes) and how long do they take to process?
▪️Do we have to base the business in the same country we will apply for grants in?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 days ago.

Good  afternoon, welcome to just answer I am a solicitor and I have reviewed your question. Frnakly you will not find a the service in one lawyer because that implies knowing the different companies and tax regulations in all European countries. It would have been easier before Brexit because then there were no barriers to movement from the UK to the rest of Europe and neither were there trade barriers. It may be the better option to register youd business in the known tax havens in Europe eg Mornaco or Malta and being an EU business at least trade and movement within the EEA countries will not be hindered, however when it comes to dealing with the UK vat registration will now be necessary and having the relevant visas to be able to work and supply the services in the UK. Not knowing what country your partner is in within Europe you may wish to register the business there as a head quarters to facilitate frnachising into the rest of Europe and perhaps only add the UK once properrly established and ready to deal with taxes and VAT. Any clarification do not hesitate to send your follow up question. All the best.