12826847

I have received a single justice procedure notice based on

Customer Question

i have received a single justice procedure notice based on the offence of littering and i am unsure how to plead
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: birmingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have ignored the fixed penalty notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no seeking advice
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you
my issue is that i have received a single justice notice after ignoing the fixed penalty notice for littering, throwing a cigarette butt away. when the reinforcment officer pointed that out to me, i walked back to the spot where i dropped my cigarette end, picked it up and took it home with me in my bag. i can`t really afford the fine as i am a student nurse and i am studying at universtiy, i also do not want to have a record on my DBS
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Are you asking how you should plead?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Thank you. Since you seem to accept the offence the only real option is to plead guilty. They will only find you for this and it does not show on DBS checks usually. It is a shame that they should do a fixed penalty but here we are. They will give you time to pay a fine. If you do have some defence then you can obviously plead not guilty and take the matter to court

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.