james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My relationship fell apart, my girlfriend is not opening the

Customer Question

Hello, my relationship fell apart, my girlfriend is not opening the door in order to to get my belongings from the house
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: She accused me of assault
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She later in the day dropped the charges and I was released, but the communication is now difficult between us
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't know where I stand to recover my belongings to move out to another house.
Expert:  james bruce replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

I would advice that you contact her again and advice her that you have a legal right for the return of you property form the house.

Either she allows you come and collect you personal items, maybe with an independent third party to ensure no arguments take place, or she boxes up all your belongings and calls you when she has done so, this way you can arrange a time and date to collect them and she can place then on the doer step for you to collect.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what if she doesn't comply and makes it difficult? She's telling she still wants to talk but I think that's just going to turn in another argument and it's pointless.

You would need to tell her that if she does not agree to allow you to collect property, then you will have to get a court order against her, which is something you do not want to do, hopefully that will solve the issue.

Hello, I am just following up on your enquiry to see if I can assist further. Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.